Porcupine Cottages. Sleeps 2/12
4 miles to historic Spoleto centre, 3 fabulous, detached, stone cottages. Sleeps 6 (Cottage A:3 bedrs/2 bathrs), 2/4 (Cottage B:1 bedr/1 bathr) + 4 (Cottage C:2 bedrs/2 bathrs). Private pool on site, private gardens + parkland. Car necessary.
Porcupine Cottages : A, B + C.......
WiFi internet in all 3 cottages, free of charge.
3 beautifully restored 16C cottages, all tastefully furnished, set in acres of private parkland, each secluded from the other, all with magnificent panoramic views from every terrace, patio and most windows of every apartment, with private terraces outside each of the cottages.
COTTAGE A - DETACHED (directly above 1 end of the pool)
APT 1: 1 dble bedroom, 1 sitting/dining room with fully fitted kitchen + very pretty patio.
APT 2: 1 dble bedroom + 1 twin bedroom (beds cannot be joined), 1 sitting/dining room with fully fitted kitchen + patios outside bedroom + sitting room.
Large grassy roof terrace directly above cottage, at top of steps, for the exclusive use of the guests at Cottage A.
PLEASE NOTE THAT COTTAGE A:APTs 1 + 2 OCCUPY THE WHOLE OF COTTAGE A AND CANNOT BE BOOKED SEPARATELY
COTTAGE B - DETACHED (directly above the opposite end of the pool)
APT 3: 1 dble bedroom, 1 large sitting/dining room with fully fitted kitchen + very pretty patio.
COTTAGE C – DETACHED (up the hill, in the woods, a few mins walk from the pool or a short car ride)
2 self-catering bed-sitting apartments.
The pool is about 100 sq metres with a shallower end and lots of space all around to lounge, with sensational views everywhere you look !
There is a utility room close to all the cottages that contains a washing machine. And, each apartment has its own ironing facilities.
A truly sublime place !
Staying here, I can guarantee peace because all 3 of the rental cottages are well spaced from each other and all have their own private areas. And, the family cottage is above them all, hidden from view.
All the panoramic views you see on my website are views from any of the cottages plus the pool. The pool is divinely situated. Both the pool and the cottages overlook valleys, hill-top mediaeval towns, olive groves and vineyards, stretching as far as the eye can see into infinity ! Truly sensational.
Whether you are a couple seeking a romantic liaison or a large family/friend reunion, this place is perfect. All 3 cottages can sleep up to 14 persons !
Cottage C, consisting of 2 bedsitters, is very handy as extra accomodation, if you are a group who wish for more space than either Cottage A or B provides. Cottage C is only ever booked as a whole cottage.
In all, Porcupine Cottages are exceptionally beautiful. Secluded in private parkland and woods, this is a pocket of Umbria not to be missed. And, just a 20 minutes drive to the historic centre of Spoleto, 40 minutes to Assisi and Perugia with Todi, Orvieto, Spello, Montefalco and Trevi, all within easy reach, traversing the most beautiful countryside in the world.
Brief description of Spoleto, 4 miles away to wet your appetite !
Spoleto is akin to a giant, fairy-tale castle. Sprinkled with bars, restaurants and shops, peppered with piazzas, Spoleto sits magestically amidst a maze of tunnelled, cobbled lanes and alley-ways, all leading skywards to the famous Rocca, the aquaduct and, some of the best views in the world. A surreal setting, a stage-set in the making, fringed by mountains, olive groves, vineyards, mediaeval monasteries, towns, cities and tiny hill-top villages - all beckoning a visit, Spoleto is truly a temptress. Succumb to her beauty and you must use all your will-power to leave. Quite simply, Spoleto is the most captivating city in Italy, never mind Umbria, Venice and Florence, being on a par.
Venice has the water. Florence has the Uffici. Spoleto has the mountains. All three have a history to be reckoned with. All three bedazzle us with their rich cultures, their European, aristocratic connections and their sheer beauty. But, Spoleto has the upper hand for the world traveller. It resists tourism with its associated inflated rates and tacky goods on sale ! You are invited to visit Spoleto, but, not as a tourist. You will be welcomed like a long lost member of the family ! Treated like a king. And, you will pay the same rates as all the locals, especially when you pay attention to all our recommended restaurants, bars and gelaterias.
Subsequently, Spoleto is in demand with those in search of "the authentic Italian" experience, love beauty and who wish to base themselves in the centre of Italy because, from Spoleto, you can get to practically anywhere else in Italy easily and cheaply within minutes to a few hours.
Read more about Spoleto by clicking on or pasting into your browser :
Please see more info re the surrounding areas and the weather :
Our own tiny farmer's market, 3.5 miles away....
At Villa Marianna, one of our country villas, between June and Sept, we offer speciality lunches.....truffle, pasta and pizza dishes, made from our fresh, home-grown produce, subject to demand.
And, every Wed, we are offering a tiny farmer's market, where our home-grown produce will be on sale...or, you can pick your own from the fields ! Please click on :
GREAT DISCOUNT OFFER !!!
Please note that this offer might be discontinued at any time........
- Accomodation Type: self-catering
- Meals Provided: meals not included | booking possible
- Holiday Theme: away from it all | family | romantic | reunions
- Bedrooms: All double bedrooms - Cottage A : 3, Cottage B : 1, Cottage C : 2
- Bathrooms: Cottage A : 2, Cottage B : 1, Cottage C : 2
- Living room facilities: Cottage A : 2 lounge areas/each seats 4, Cottage B : 1 large lounge area/seats 6, Cottage C : 2 lounge areas/each seats 2
- Dining facilities: Cottage A : 2 dining areas/each seats 4, Cottage B : 1 dining area/seats 4, Cottage C : 2 dining areas/each seats 2
- Kitchen facilities: 4 ring stove | freezer | fridge | grill | hob | iron & board | microwave | oven | washing machine | coffee maker | cooking utensils | toaster
- Entertainment facilities: TV | DVD player
- Internet access: wireless broadband
- Outside: garden | BBQ | parking off street | patio | porch | terrace | veranda | garden chairs | beach chairs | sun loungers | extensive grounds | parkland
- Swimming pool: private pool on site
- General property facilities: activities guide | ceiling fans - room fans | central heating | firewood | hair dryer | linen provided | local maps | local restaurant guide | welcome paper towels | welcome shampoo | welcome soap | welcome toilet paper | towels | beach towels
- Suitability of the property: children welcome | suitable for elderly or infirm | pets considered | long term rentals available | non smoking only
Pizza oven besides the pool....
In every dining area, there is a fully fitted kitchen....